Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
No more double side...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

No more double sided tape for fixturing???

23 Beiträge
6 Benutzer
0 Likes
12.1 K Ansichten
Meissner Stefan
(@sumstefan)
Honorable Member

In you use double sided tape, you need just warm Water 40-50*C.
You put in your fixed Material, now you can remove it easy.

Stefan

SC 420 + Dremel 4000,Proxxon IBS/E mit JR-Kopf, Vakuumtisch: VT3040 CNC-Plus, Kärcher VC6200, Brushless-JR-Spindel im Aubau 😉
Flugmodellbau und alles was mir in den Sinn kommt 🙂

Veröffentlicht : 25/09/2016 6:08 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

I've just measured masking tape alone and 2 layers of masking plus double sided tape. Each turn out to be 0.0045" +- .0002" - i.e. 0.114mm.

Double sided is branded "Diall" from B&Q in UK - it's not the spongy type of course. It doesn't stick at all well when warmed.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 25/09/2016 8:16 pm
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Sure a vaccum pad costs some money, but it is still worth it.
I got mine from EBay for abt. 45€ (300x200) and as I mentioned before, I use my standard vaccuum cleaner to run it.

Not that expensive at the end.

The only thing I modified was to connect two suction hoses directly and not using one line with a T-Connecter. This creater a better vaccuum as you have a higher Air-flow.

But of course you can also use your Stepcraft to make your own. There are a lot of examples shown in this forum. Makes it even cheaper.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 26/09/2016 10:56 am
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

I got mine from EBay for abt. 45€ (300x200) and as I mentioned before, I use my standard vaccuum cleaner to run it.

Very interesting...
But I've read somewhere that using a standard vaccuum cleaner is dangerous 'cause you can overheat it. Furthermore, running a vacuum pump/cleaner is very noisy! It makes more noise than the machine itself.

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple

Veröffentlicht : 28/09/2016 12:53 pm
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

I've just measured masking tape alone and 2 layers of masking plus double sided tape. Each turn out to be 0.0045" +- .0002" - i.e. 0.114mm.

Double sided is branded "Diall" from B&Q in UK - it's not the spongy type of course. It doesn't stick at all well when warmed.

Peter

0.114 mm is damn good!
Did you try to use it between two layers of masking tape? I'm curious about this solution.

Warming the part could be a solution, but you need to buy a (reliable) oven and manage the part until it remains hot. If it gets cold you have to put it the oven again and start again the cycle.
So, more tools and more complications IMHO.

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple

Veröffentlicht : 28/09/2016 1:01 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

I was only thinking of the double sided as an alternative to the cyanoacrylate.

The "Diall" tape I used is fine at room temperature but looses the will to live at 50 - 60 degrees C!!. I found this out the hard way when I attached a part to the backplate on my lathe, a few decent cuts and it all fell apart!! Some 3M stuff I have is much less affected by temperature.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 30/09/2016 6:48 pm
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Very interesting...
But I've read somewhere that using a standard vaccuum cleaner is dangerous 'cause you can overheat it. Furthermore, running a vacuum pump/cleaner is very noisy! It makes more noise than the machine itself.

Well, as long as the same vacuum cleaner is used for the suction hood as well, It gets enough air for cooling.
Of course it is noisy, but this depends pretty much on the vacuum cleaner you have 😉

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 30/09/2016 10:02 pm
Owen Sparks
(@owen-sparks)

There have been some interesting new materials developed for beds in 3d printing. When warm they stick to the part being built like glue. When the cool down the material just pops off.

I wonder if something similar could be used here? (For those not inclined to listen to vacs for too long.)

Cheers,
Owen S.

Production Engineer
HWM-Water Ltd.

Veröffentlicht : 24/10/2016 3:54 pm
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: