Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Questions regarding...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Questions regarding PCB milling

23 Beiträge
5 Benutzer
0 Reactions
13 K Ansichten
(@sjoemark)
Themenstarter

I tested to modify the direction checkbox too with the same results 🙁

The wiring is done according to the assembly instructions, and has worked perfect and correct with WinPC-NC.

I will continue tonight with more tests. Yes, last option is to switch two cables.

Veröffentlicht : 08/01/2016 11:29 am
(@sjoemark)
Themenstarter

I'm about to mill my first pcb-board.
PCB-GCODE produces bottom layer and drill holes.
But how do i get gcode for milling layer (large holes in different shapes) and dimention (boards outline) in gcode?

One option is to write my own.

Veröffentlicht : 10/01/2016 5:37 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

No need to do that - capability is already available in Eagle!!

Draw the outline of your board using the "wire" command and place on layer 46 (milling). You could also add text to the board in the same way if neccessary.

Configure the Pcb2gcode to generate a milling file and set a suitable milling depth as shown in the screenshot below :-

You've done well to get so far already - hope you have set the backlash, otherwise the result might be rather poor.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 10/01/2016 10:52 pm
(@sjoemark)
Themenstarter

Here is my result.
Have to buy a massive wood board and mill down so I get a leveled surface.
And some adjustments. Need larger via hole.

Sadly the unccnc crashed at 90%. (Lost connection between PC and CNC.)
I'm using the provided UC100 usb interface and a laptop, Asus I7 8GB.
I guess I will move over to a real hardware parallel port if I get more problems.

Backlash. No. I have not locked at that yet.
Backlash is the extra movement needed when direction is changed? I guess so.
Will try that later next week. I will do a similar pattern like yours.

BR
Terje.

Veröffentlicht : 10/01/2016 11:24 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Here is my solution: PCB Table

So, everything is flat. But still .. if you want to have same thickness, you have to do a test in X and in Y direction. I do the leveling by adding a sheet of paper in the lower corners.
On the next page of that thread you see some images of my results and of the special PCB mills I use.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 10/01/2016 11:57 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

That was quite an ambitious layout for a first attempt!!

Getting the FR4 flat is, as you found out, critical to getting a proper depth everywhere. I chose to make a vacuum table so that with a good single stage vacuum pump I could easily get an effective pressure of 10lb/sq inch (700g/sq cm).

Milling the table flat is essential in my experience, and the final result is that over a 10x10cm board there is less than a 15micron deviation from level.

On my laptop I stripped out as many unused applications as I could - anything to reduce the chance of Windows screwing things up (which it will do given half a chance)!! Another thing I did was to make sure everything was earthed - in particular I connected the 0V of the control board to the frame metalwork of the Stepcraft (see picture).

I don't know if this made a difference, but it seemed a sensible precaution. The usb connection seems very solid - only had one instance of loss of comms in 5 months.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 11/01/2016 12:43 am
Lou van Wijhe
(@lou)
Trusted Member

Sadly the unccnc crashed at 90%. (Lost connection between PC and CNC.)
I'm using the provided UC100 usb interface and a laptop, Asus I7 8GB.
I guess I will move over to a real hardware parallel port if I get more problems.

In the Windows hardware control settings, under USB Energy Control, there is a setting "The computer can switch off this apparatus to conserve energy" (I don't know the exact wording in English). Make sure this setting is unchecked. This may have been the cause op your lost connection.

Lou

SC 1/420, TurboCAD, CamBam, WinPC-NC USB

Veröffentlicht : 11/01/2016 2:26 pm
(@sjoemark)
Themenstarter

Thank you for all help.

Peter, or any, could you describe the procedure to find the backlash?
I have milled a similar pattern and meassured on it.
I find that 15mm is actually 14,8mm (X axis).
I also made a circle with the radius 29,65mm = diameter 59,3mm
I meassure the circle to aprox 58,5mm.

BR
Terje.

Veröffentlicht : 14/01/2016 8:50 pm
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: