question-circle Frage Any suggested laser-engravable materials for new D:-445 (445 nm blue laser)

Mehr
06 Aug 2017 18:32 #49399 von bmartens
I know this attachment is quite new, and so there probably isn't a lot of information about it available yet.
I am eagerly awaiting my own unit being shipped, so I can explore this.

Does anyone have any experience with plastic or plastic-coated metal engraving with this (or a similar) laser?

Specifically, I have been looking at the gravoply-ultra and gravoglas product lines from gravograph, although I see that Rowmark makes many similar product lines.
It looks like they can be milled as well, but I imagine that using a laser would produce much nicer lines.

Any suggestions on materials to try or avoid?

Thanks!

Ben
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Mr. B

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Aug 2017 13:45 #49428 von bvs
Hello Ben
To get common with your laser, i propose wood.
Dark plastic is better then white.
The worst is a thin white surface on black plastic.
Forget Metall and transparent stuff.
Modellers heaven is depron cutting.
Laser performs very small lines and is better then milling for little engravings.
I wish you a lot of fun and the patience to learn...
Best regards
Bruno
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Mr. B, bmartens

Mehr
01 Sep 2017 20:52 #50003 von Blanchard
Anything reflective or transparent will not burn, so be careful of the laser bouncing off reflective light colours and of course going straight through transparent stuff.
i have a blue 445nm.2w
I use mine for wood engraving .