file Frage Suggestions for improvements for a new version.

Mehr
06 Feb 2016 06:47 #30229 von finch
Hello,

I have some suggestions for improvements to the Stepcraft version 2.

1. The cutting height is very limiting, specially with the 4th axis installed, the maximum diameter of the workpiece is effectively halved to 6-7cm stock. It would be great if there was a taller Z axis say 5 to 10cm extra height as an option.

2. The Brass / Bronze guide bushings on all axis wear out too easily, and cause large play 1-2mm of errors eventually. It would be easy to replace the Bushing and thread with like a C7 grade Precision guide rod that would not wear out. You would need to move the rollers further apart to accommodate the larger roller bearing, which would also support a higher Z axis cutting height.

3. The Vacuum port I have found is too small, and easily clogs when cutting wood. needs a larger opening. It is also extremely noisy with the high powered vacuum we have, it makes more noise than the router !

4. We would have paid to get a longer Y platform as an option - longer wires, longer side pieces, modular or longer aluminium tray and it would be a straight forward mod. Even double the length 1680.

5. Stronger stepper motors with a higher powered spindal. Current setup is ok for wood, but aluminium was very slow to machine - and speeds and feeds could not be used because the spindal rpm needed to allways be at maximum, the torque is not enough to keep if there when setting an appropriate feed rate for chip loading. so we end up using maximum 2mm, 20,000 rpm and 3000mm/mm/minute speed all the time.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
06 Feb 2016 14:20 #30237 von MagIO2
Maybe you have choosen the wrong machine?

You can have everything you ask for when you buy a machine which has been build for professional use. SC builds machines for hobbyists.

All you ask for would increase the cost of the machine and then it would be o7t of scope for their target market.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: mcc

Mehr
05 Sep 2016 01:52 #37149 von darksea
GOOD NIGTH !

I WANT TO KNOW IF STEPCRAFT HAVE A LASER CANON ALREADY BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS TALKING GOOD ABOUT THE MACHINE AND I WANT TO BUY BUT I WANT TO USE ALSO A LASER CANON TO CUT MDF 3 MM HOW MUCH WILL COST TO HAVE A MACHINE WITHTHIS CONFIGURATION
?

THANK YOU !

Mehr
05 Sep 2016 09:56 #37155 von bvs
Hello dark sea
With your wishes, maybe you buy a specialized Laser Cutter and not a universal Hobby machine

There are some China Lasers but they don't work properly and they aren't easy to repare.

Here is the best choice:
m.ebay.com/itm/3200-Watt-Trumpf-L-3030-CNC-Laser-Cutting-System-/112116453820?nav=SEARCH

Mehr
05 Sep 2016 12:38 #37170 von darksea
GOOD MORNING !

I WANT A LASER OF 50 W I SENDING THE LINK OF A HOME MADE CNC CUTTING PLY WOOD 5 MM I NEED ONLY 3MM .

THANK YOU !

Mehr
05 Sep 2016 13:51 #37172 von bvs
I hope for you, you are not married.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

These Lasers are easy to buy in eBay.

The smell of burning Wood is not good for women's noses and Fire detectors.

And the result is not really nice either...

A propper lasercut is done with co2, Argon or something else to keep oxygen away.

A Laser on a Stepcraft might be nice to print something