file Frage Eurotools24 G-500 miller

Mehr
05 Mär 2016 18:15 #31652 von Černiauskas
Černiauskas antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller
Yeah this is a good one 4 motors are the best, sadly i have sc 2 840 and the belt is really bad choice. But this is the beast 12000 mm /min.

cnc-step.de/produkte/fraesmaschinen-hz-standard/72-graviermaschine-s1000

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
06 Mär 2016 07:08 #31677 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller

Černiauskas schrieb: Yeah this is a good one 4 motors are the best, sadly i have sc 2 840 and the belt is really bad choice. ...

I have only good things to say about the belt so far on my 600SF. it works and if there is a problem it makes a noise and you know there is something wrong right away or if the motor loses steps both sides stay symmetrical. Probably cheaper and easier to use than an extra motor. Don`t know how easy it is to obtain a spare and how much it costs though.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
06 Mär 2016 11:10 #31685 von Joules
Joules antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller
I have the older S1000. My problems have been down to the Delrin nuts wearing, they are not user replaceable and once worn allow the lead screws to whip. I use 3D printed dampers to push the lead screws back up into the unworn part of the nut. I hope to do a close comparison when I get a Stepcraft S420. What I like about the Stepcraft is that they will sell parts for service and maintenance. High Z only want to sell you a new machine. My control box is shot and I am building a new one as High Z won't sell me a replacement for one of THEIR machines.

Well, their loss in a customer and reputation by what I state here.

I have the facilities here to re-arrange and add a second stepper motor to the S420 if I think it would be a worth while upgrade. However I would rather use the machine as is and spend my monies on further accessories and time building my toys ;)

High Z S1000 router (out of action)
CamBam
Linuxcnc to be replaced by UCCNC + UC-100
OSX Rhino 3D

Mehr
06 Mär 2016 17:20 #31711 von Černiauskas
Černiauskas antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller
maybe in sc600 it is fine, but in my opinion for 840 axis the belt narrow, and tooth is to low (must be atleast 5 not 2.5) well. the belt is not bad for small routers, but for sc840 belt must be more serious. sorry for bad english.

• Denus
  • Denuss Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Jack of all hobbies, master of none!
Mehr
12 Mär 2016 19:36 #32049 von Denus
Denus antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller
I bought some large chains and aluminium profiles because I need more space for my grounded cables.
The original chains were just large enough for one cable which is an issue in my case.

It's not finished yet but here's the idea:

To answer some questions:

The frame is from eurotools.de (see link in my first post) but I made several modifications to make it like it is now (bottom with bed and adjustable feet, 19" case for the electronics and much more...)

I don't have any videos yet since the machine is not ready yet and I don't have much free time atm.
But it could run, everything is working correctly so far.

Eurotools-24 G-500 & custom-made aluminium table
Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Mehr
13 Jan 2017 17:57 #42450 von orenhag
orenhag antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller
I wish id seen this post before buying my crappy stepcraft 420v2. what a mistake.

Mehr
13 Jan 2017 18:53 #42451 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Eurotools24 G-500 miller
Interesting thread, thanks for posting.

It's good to see somebody with experience of the Stepcraft machine and a similarly priced alternative (and good that moderators haven't censored discussions of competing products).

For me, it would a bonus if the Stepcraft machInes had ballnuts and interlocking frame parts but I reckon I can live with one Y axis motor for now.

I needed the largest machine to cope with milling a through body/long tenon guitar neck but that machine looks credible.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net