Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Cusom Enclosure CAD -- Rough 3D models?

19 Beiträge
10 Benutzer
0 Likes
7,462 Ansichten
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

I see it now.
This is another example of copy paste direct from the stepcraft site.
of-course this shout be in mm.
Another flaw on the website of stepcraft.

here the sketsup file

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 27/01/2017 12:22 pm
(@rahul)
Honorable Member

Think about it, mm3 is correct ... you could also write x mm * y mm * z mm :cheer:

Cubic millimeter is correct? That tells me nothing about the x, y or z dimension! That is a volume unit and only the result of a x, y, z volume calculation! How will you use it in first place to manufacture a fitting enclosure?
Ok,maybe just me! Maybe I need to start completely over .... I'll start at elementary school .... :woohoo:

mm³ ist nothing else than mm * mm * mm. Like in Nm you just ignore the * (N*m) and since all unit are the same there is ³ added. If you have to describe an plain you use the length * width m², or not?
It's just the shortest form of mm * mm * mm.
The given measures x * y * z cm would describe a matrix with x parts * y parts of z length.

Fräse: SC 2/840 USB, Proxxon IBS/E STEPCRAFT HF-500, Werkzeugwechsler + WZLS + T-Nutentisch
3D-Drucker: MendelMax 1.5
CAD: Designspark Mechanical, Eagle
CAM: Estlcam V9, DeskProto

Veröffentlicht : 27/01/2017 2:43 pm
Bryan
(@gruvin)
Themenstarter

Welcome to the forum!

Hey, thanks!

And just an answer ... are you serious?

Yes

Open a CAD software, draw 3 squares, pull, DONE!

Umm ... that would be a cad model of some cuboids. I want a Stepcraft SC-600 Personal Desktop CNC machine, with the correct colours, etc ... because it ...

a) looks better
b) also assists in designing custom attachments
c) looks better
d) isn't a cuboid
e) is what I asked about in the first place
f) Stepcraft might benefit from having nice looking 3D models of their stuff show up all over the Fusion 360 Gallery, GrabCAD and so on.
g) I thought about it
h) I'm too lazy (atm) to do it myself
i) cuboids lack character (e'hem!)

Ideally, the carriages would be separate and thus animatable. (Is that a word?) The details of all the wheels, bearings, etc are (obviously?) not required.

Takes longer to write down the question.

Not as long as having to explain it, though. :p

I too have been diagnosed as exhibiting Asperger's Syndrome, placing me somewhere near the bottom of my autism class. In time, many of us learn to fane social civility, despite it being far less fun, for us at least. All the best with that. 🙂

Veröffentlicht : 29/01/2017 1:18 am
(@stefand)
Eminent Member

Hi there!
I created a simple model of my StepCraft-2 D600 for simple visualizations. It is just an approximation, which I used to plan my enclosure in Fusion 360.
Have fun with it. ( grabcad.com/library/stepcraft-2-d-600-approximate-model-1 )

Cheers,
Stefan

Veröffentlicht : 29/09/2020 2:05 pm
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: