Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Laser engraving - S...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Laser engraving - Star Wars Stormtrooper 2W m140

27 Beiträge
9 Benutzer
0 Reactions
19.3 K Ansichten
MACHINE CRAFTED
(@mr-b)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Making a shoe to house the laser after watching the video posted by Sickone4,
great post.

Stepcraft 420 (version 1) - HXKJ-GS52-400W Air cooled DC spindle - 445nm Blue Laser diode G2

Veröffentlicht : 25/03/2015 11:57 am
MACHINE CRAFTED
(@mr-b)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Our updated laser attachment:

We have found the laser doesn't need mounting quite as high but still require the pole for the wire route.

Stepcraft 420 (version 1) - HXKJ-GS52-400W Air cooled DC spindle - 445nm Blue Laser diode G2

Veröffentlicht : 26/06/2015 8:40 pm
(@dxtinct)
New Member Gast

so many pictures but no clear info how we connect a j tech laser to a stepcraft...
can anyone detail ?

Can we rely on on off switch of the laser providing we use estlcam for cut program creation (or engraving program) ?

Thanks.

Veröffentlicht : 03/10/2015 1:35 pm
(@dxtinct)
New Member Gast

blanthegenius.. would it be possible to tell us more on how to output a signal for only on/off of the laser connected to relay 1+ gnd wire.... ?

I mean I only have WinNC-PC and estlcam.
Could need some help to understand the commands that make relay1 on/off ?

I'm using the J Tech Photonics 2.8W laser. This requires an external TTL signal on/off for start stop of laser.
Pobably your connection relay1(wire 13) + gnd (wire2 ).. will do the trick but using what commands in the G-codes.

for a different fast holder i made a 3d-printed holder for the J tech laser.
Please see my project here :

J tech stepcraft project link of 3d model

Thanks.

Veröffentlicht : 04/10/2015 1:18 pm
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member

blanthegenius.. would it be possible to tell us more on how to output a signal for only on/off of the laser connected to relay 1+ gnd wire.... ?

I mean I only have WinNC-PC and estlcam.
Could need some help to understand the commands that make relay1 on/off ?

I'm using the J Tech Photonics 2.8W laser. This requires an external TTL signal on/off for start stop of laser.
Pobably your connection relay1(wire 13) + gnd (wire2 ).. will do the trick but using what commands in the G-codes.

for a different fast holder i made a 3d-printed holder for the J tech laser.
Please see my project here :

J tech stepcraft project link of 3d model

Thanks.

He already told that in this thread.

He used Relay1 pin and GND for on/off. In your control software, configure M03 to actuate over Relay1 pin.

To get the gcode, he modified the postprocessor so a negative Z means laser ON and a positive Z means laser OFF.

This part of the code did the trick:

+---------------------------------------------------
    + Commands output for Plunge Moves
    begin PLUNGE_MOVE
    "[N]M03"

+ Commands output for Retract Moves
    begin RETRACT_MOVE
    "[N]M05"

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 04/10/2015 3:49 pm
(@dxtinct)
New Member Gast

just like I thought ..
There comes a dumb ass .. that knows to copy paste.

So how do we make this codes happen in WinNC-pc? off course you don't know !!
What a stupid ideaa.. to say that will turn laser on for all the down moves.. .. You don't whant to get out of focal for that laser.

Stop copy past around here and say something interesting..
We all know how to copy a previous post.

Veröffentlicht : 04/10/2015 9:55 pm
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member

just like I thought ..

What a stupid ideaa.. to say that will turn laser on for all the down moves.. .. You don't whant to get out of focal for that laser.

I've reported your post for insults. We are not here to do whatever you want, we are users like you. Stop insulting us. Learn some education before posting.

I hope nobody helps you from now on.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 05/10/2015 12:53 am
(@dxtinct)
New Member Gast

I you know how than reply.
Other wise shut the F*&k off .... you asshole :)))

Veröffentlicht : 07/10/2015 10:44 pm
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

I you know how than reply

Yes I know how: Back up my friend! 👿 We don't need somebody with your attitude in this Forum!

@Mods
Please block this user immediately. Thanks!

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 07/10/2015 11:52 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

just like I thought ..

Please keep the forum a place where we can work together and help each other. The post was just directing back to the post where the connection for on/off was given.

Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

Veröffentlicht : 08/10/2015 12:36 pm
(@dxtinct2)
New Member Gast

still have not seen 1 guy in here explaining how to make M03, M05, in the gcode .. for WinNC-PC, or using estlcam.

The only instruction in English comes from Rory or blanthegenius that explain a script or something like this under vCarvePro v6+.

I guess there would be thousands of users more interested in how to make this under the shitty software like WinNC-PC that they get with the steppy ... or what other software that is free or low cost and good and they could generate this.

I personally will not invest in the vcarvePRo v6+ only for this.. and I'm sure we could do this with numerous free software... so I'm still waiting for some brain guy that had other ideas to help..

The one that copy paste other forum articles please stay out of reply-ing.

Veröffentlicht : 09/10/2015 12:11 am
(@rory)
Reputable Member

If you would like help and to have your posts left on the forum - please change your attitude towards others and software etc. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but please

you will have to change your post processor from Estlcam. I have never used it so I am no help.

any Estlcam users out there?

still have not seen 1 guy in here explaining how to make M03, M05, in the gcode .. for WinNC-PC, or using estlcam.

The only instruction in English comes from Rory or blanthegenius that explain a script or something like this under vCarvePro v6+.

I guess there would be thousands of users more interested in how to make this under the shitty software like WinNC-PC that they get with the steppy ... or what other software that is free or low cost and good and they could generate this.

I personally will not invest in the vcarvePRo v6+ only for this.. and I'm sure we could do this with numerous free software... so I'm still waiting for some brain guy that had other ideas to help..

The one that copy paste other forum articles please stay out of reply-ing.

Veröffentlicht : 10/10/2015 7:22 pm
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: