question-circle Frage Machine parameters and connections

Mehr
15 Jan 2014 15:50 #1786 von kroko
Machine parameters and connections wurde erstellt von kroko
Hello,

Ich habe für wirklich lange zeit auf Deutsch nicht gesprochen, deswegen wurde auf English meine fragen stellen. Pardon. :)

I really love what you have done - the machine looks great, your attitude in design and features draws attention towards the product. Through years I have had an experience with BZT, HAASE machines, even had the opportunity to work with KUKA robot back in TU Wien. Meaning, by knowing what the industrial grade machines feels like I know that for the needed task a "desktop solution" would be the most appropriate. The 600 model seems like it was made for the job.

I'm looking for a CNC table for our little fablab here in Riga, most of my colleagues haven't had any experience with CAM/CNC and want to introduce them to this world. I want to keep it simple and most importantly safe for them, yet be able to create some more machine-demanding things.

Could not find answers to these questions in machine parameters/ construction manual/ connection diagramm:

1) From photos her in webpage it looks that the screw type that is used for all axis is not ball but trapezoidal. Is it single or double start, what is the pitch (lead length)?
2) What is your estimated backslash produced from leadnuts?
3) There are no limit switches on any of the axis, your preferred way is to use reference switch + soft limits?
4) What pins 15 and 17 in [Parallel Port LPT-Adapter (X1)] are used for? Are they physically attached to the board and have any breakout headers? Or they are just openly forwarded to [External Signal (SUB-D 15) (X2)] pins 7 and 15?
5) Pins 1, 14, 16 for [Parallel Port LPT-Adapter (X1)] labeled as "relay" - are these Stepcraft input or output pins? Are they optocoupled? Are there any breakout headers on the board for these pins or are they (relay 1 and 2) just forwarded to [External Signal (SUB-D 15) (X2)] connector?
6) In [External Signal (SUB-D 15) (X2)] relay 2 is connected both to pins 6 and 14?
7) Does the machine frame has a convenient method of attaching it on a tabletop (screw holes on the bottom of side frames or so). If not, would such modification break the warranty?
8) Which logic level relay pin(s) in [External Signal (SUB-D 15) (X2)] takes care for [Switchable Socket SWS-500] ?
9) The steppers are 24V, what is the amperage?
10) The tool length probe, that you deliver, can be switched between normally opened and normally closed modes, correct?

Uh. I really would appreciate if someone here would share the knowledge.

Many thanks in advance!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• ThomasDbg
  • ThomasDbgs Avatar
  • SC2/600 mit HF Spindel 500W
Mehr
15 Jan 2014 16:11 - 15 Jan 2014 16:14 #1788 von ThomasDbg
ThomasDbg antwortete auf Machine parameters and connections
Good afternoon to Riga!

I felt free to forward Your questions directly to one of the engineers of Stepcraft. I´m sure, he will contact You as soon as possible to discuss and answer them!

Kind regards,
Thomas

Produktevangelist :-)

Es grüßt mit der Ihm gegebenen Freundlichkeit...

...der Thomas
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jan 2014 16:14 von ThomasDbg.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
15 Jan 2014 17:16 #1790 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Machine parameters and connections
As we all know the questions now, it would be great to read the answers here in forum as well.

The screw type is not trapezoidal, it's round and the leadnuts are made out of hard plastic. In another thread someone mentioned that he set the backslash value of mach3 (or maybe LinuxCNC) to zero.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
15 Jan 2014 21:05 - 15 Jan 2014 21:51 #1802 von kroko
kroko antwortete auf Machine parameters and connections
@ThomasDbg, thanks!

@MagIO2, setting backslash to zero in Mach3 does not tell anything about the actual physical backslash of the machine :) it's just that the operator does not use software backslash compensation. if the physical backslash is considerable and one does not compensate for that - it maaay be ok for many "softier" materials and/or things that don't have to be in the "precision of microstep" or can be "hand adjusted/sanded etc." afterwards. but it nearly always hurts in aluminium milling and PLA printing.
i'm really not expecting zero backslash!, just want to know the measure what the machine tests have shown.
if engineers haven't measured it whith lever arm or other technique - maybe someone has milled a perfect circle in aluminium using stepcraft and can share the result?

regards,
kroko
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jan 2014 21:51 von kroko.

Mehr
16 Jan 2014 01:07 - 16 Jan 2014 01:28 #1805 von kroko
my bad, Machine Parameters pdf does not state this, but in the web it is mentioned:
Backlash: approx. 0,08 mm (with software adjustable to 0,00 mm)

another question came up: what is the distance between tool clamp center and x axis rail side? so that it would be possible to know what tool can fit in there without changing the holder plate.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2014 01:28 von kroko.

Mehr
16 Jan 2014 07:21 - 16 Jan 2014 07:22 #1807 von Berti.H
Berti.H antwortete auf Machine parameters and connections
Distance between X-rail and center of tool clamp is only 28mm

Gruß
Berti
Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2014 07:22 von Berti.H.

Mehr
17 Jan 2014 21:39 #1861 von kroko
Danke!

Zurück zum Thema :)
Das Problem ist, das die Deutsche Version dieser Webseite wesentlich anders ist, am Anfang habe ich Englische benutzt.
Z.w. auf English 600 SF Modell hat "Working space (X Y Z):420! x 600 x 80 mm", Zubehör Stücke sind anders (gibt's einfach nicht) Usw.

Die Auflösung 5um sein sollte, wenn 400 Schritte / Umdrehung und Weg pro Umdrehung 2mm sind.

So habe schon paare Dinge herausgefunden:
1a) "what is the pitch (lead length)?" - 2mm.
1b) Und so ist es höchstwahrscheinlich single start ("single threaded ") Typ, oder?
2) Umkehrspiel ist 0,08 mm

Weil alle Fragen zu den Pinbelegungen und Stromstärke noch da sind (kritisch für DIY limit switches, Spindel Kontrolle u.a.)… wass mit Frage nr. (7) ist? Hat jemand die Machine so befestigt?

Pardon, mein Deutsch ziemlich rostig ist.

VG, kroko

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
17 Jan 2014 23:43 #1866 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Machine parameters and connections
7) The machine comes with 4 self adhesive rubber feet. I think the bet way to fix the machine is to drill some holes into front and back plate and mount it with some angle pieces. Wheather it breaks your warranty I don't know.

9) The small steppers are rated with 1.4Ampere/2.8Volt, the Y axis has a bigger one rated with 1.8Ampere.

10) The tool probe you have to re-solder then, but the contacts/wires are easy to reach.

6) I bet it's a typo and one of them is actually relais 3

5) These are forwarded to X2. There are no headers on the board. I can't tell much right now, before I start modding the electronics I do some practicing in milling parts, as that's new for me. Later, as I started to build my own controller, I'll also figure out those kind of questions.
So, in the end the relais signals end up on X2 as 5V logic levels. Can't say currently wheather they are directly interrupted by emergency stop switch or wheather the controller has to stop the mill.

3) correct, only 3 reference switches in a row, so you have to probe the axes one after another.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: kroko

Mehr
18 Jan 2014 00:42 #1869 von kroko
7) Na ja, mit Löcher in Endplates kann man das lösen. Aber die Garantie… :unsure:
9) Interessant.
- Da gibt's 24V rail im Anschlussplan www.stepcraft-systems.com/images/Service/Anschlussplan-v1.pdf
- www.stepcraft-systems.com/cnc-3d-systeme/stepcraft-600 sagt "Ausgangsspannung 19 V"
- Sie sagen 2.8V
Wenn die wirklich 2.8V sind.. solche benutzt man in RepRaps (kleine Momente wegen geringe Masse)..
Wenn max speed ~1800mm/min ist, dann Motoren arbeitet ~900rpm. Schell, aber gleichzeitig es heist "low-torque" (kg-cm), vielleicht 3..5kg-cm (Spekulation :)).
10) Ok. Ich mochtete die selben Pinbelegungen für Material-Grenze-Sensor benutzen. In parallel, deswegen sollte der Sensor "normally open" sein. Löten ist keine Problem, und ebay ist auch voll mit microswithes...
6) Danke.
5) Ja, es wäre gut, wenn nur/max ein von den direkt an Stopswitch verbunden ist (Frage an Ingenieur), so kann man sie in anderer Weise benutzen. Allerdings, kann man ja alles verändern, ich meine bis zu total anderes controlboard bauen/kaufen, aber es "defeats the purpose" die Macheine zu kaufen:)
3) Danke.

Noch die vierte frage an Ingenieur… :)

VG, kroko