file Frage Can I run a D420 at reduced velocity, will it cause any problems?

• Martingchapman
  • Martingchapmans Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
23 Okt 2022 20:58 #62655 von Martingchapman
I have spent the last few days stripping down and rebuilding my 2nd Gen D420 to try and get the Y-Axis to run at 100% jog speed,
However no matter what I do it binds and skips at anything over 40%.
I have found that if I change the Velocity from 2600 (the default) to 500 it runs smoothly and works fine.

So my question is, other than it taking longer to process a job, are there any disadvantages to running it with a velocity of 500?

I am a hobby woodworker so my time is my own and I can live with it taking longer to finish a job.
What I cant live with is it binding and skipping and ruining the work.
I have followed several videos from Stepcraft, Stepcraft US and Stoney CNC detailing how to set the machine up but I cant get it to work at !00% so am happy to live with it at a setting of 500, if there are no other issues.

Thanks for any help you can give.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.