file Frage Z-axis stepper motor not working

Mehr
16 Nov 2021 21:23 #61634 von Ciba
Z-axis stepper motor not working wurde erstellt von Ciba
Hi, I just tried to first run my Q series (after a long time sitting down)

Everything went ok, but when I tried jogging there was problem with z-axis stepper motor - it moved very slowly constantly jamming, making very very small moves, then after few times it moved ok. And then when I tryed it again (after shut down cnc) it again jammed, and finally after another shut down it is not working anymore - I can not jog or initialize z axis. I tried to remove stepper from lead screw and still not working. Controls and wiring seams ok. Is the stepper dead? Or there could be another problem? Can I easily test if the stepper is dead? Thank you!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
17 Nov 2021 12:36 #61642 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Z-axis stepper motor not working
you can easily test the stepper by changing the wires to the X-ax connectors on the control board.

That's if your X-ax is working correctly.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
17 Nov 2021 14:59 #61646 von Ciba
Ciba antwortete auf Z-axis stepper motor not working
Ok, I tested the motor - I swapped Z and X axis and same problem appers on X axis.
So I oppened the driver box and reinstalled Z axis modul (take it out, cleaned, and put it back), and now everything works!! Thank you!

Mehr
18 Nov 2021 09:50 #61654 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Z-axis stepper motor not working
Happy to be of help for you.

enjoy your steppie

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021