file Frage Scoring on the rollers and rails

Mehr
01 Nov 2020 09:22 #59737 von Sonny
Scoring on the rollers and rails wurde erstellt von Sonny
Hi all,

I have been experiencing a loss of steps in my Z axis which eventually leads to a lowering of the bit over time. I have taken the Z axis apart and cleaned thoroughly and while doing so I I have noticed the rollers and the rail were worn and rough in places. I have been conducting my maintenance every 20-25 hours of running, wiping down and re greasing etc. I have no idea what could have caused the wear or pitting on the rollers or the rail.

After a light sanding to smooth the rails and the rollers I put it all together and it ran smoothly for 7 hours in a 8.5 hour cut then I had the same problem again. I have noticed that I have the same problem on my Y and X rails but i do not have the issue with lost steps.

Has anyone else experienced this wear on their systems rollers or rails? Does anyone know how to reduce/stop it happening?

I have taken the leap to order new rollers and a new Z rail to get back to a known state.

Many thanks,

Sonny

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
08 Jan 2021 09:46 #60273 von [email protected]
I am having the same thing happening, what did you do to resolve this?

Mehr
08 Jan 2021 15:37 #60278 von Sonny
Sonny antwortete auf Scoring on the rollers and rails
I gave the areas a good clean to remove all the grease and then rubbed over the area with some fine crocus paper to remove any ridges. I also replaced the rollers. Once all was smooth I now lightly grease the area during my cleaning routine. I do not think the scoring is having any detrimental effect on the running of my machine its just a bit unsightly.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: [email protected]

Mehr
08 Jan 2021 16:52 #60279 von andileibi
andileibi antwortete auf Scoring on the rollers and rails

Sonny schrieb: ... rubbed over the area with some fine crocus paper to remove any ridges....

But be careful, do not remove the coating from the rail!