file Frage PCboard is plugged in but no power

Mehr
14 Jan 2017 11:59 #42491 von shaneS
PCboard is plugged in but no power wurde erstellt von shaneS
I've been using my machine for well over a year now but for some reason there is no power going to the PC board. The lights are on for the controller ( UC100) but the green light for the board is off. Is it possible to replace the power socket or could it need re soldered? Please say I don't need a new board.

Help please.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Jan 2017 13:27 - 14 Jan 2017 13:28 #42496 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf PCboard is plugged in but no power
If you have a volt-meter you should at first measure the output power of your power supply. Should be around 24V - 30V or 19V if you have the older version.

Also on X2 connector you should measure the output power. PIN 1 and PIN 9 should have 24V or 19V and PIN 3 should have 5V. Ground is PIN 2 and PIN 10.

The mainboard does have fuses but those cannot be changed by yourself if you are not well experienced. They have to be unsoldered and replaced.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Letzte Änderung: 14 Jan 2017 13:28 von DocBrown.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: shaneS

Mehr
14 Jan 2017 13:44 #42500 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf PCboard is plugged in but no power
Hi ShaneS,

A word of caution here, because I just had to change a defective power supply on my SC420/2. Similar symptoms.

Measuring the old PSU, disconnected from the control board, gave a reliable 30.4VDC. When plugged in, this fell to between 0.6 and 1.4V, so I thought my control board was fried!!

This wasn't the case thank goodness - a replacement supply brought everything back to life, so I suspect the original supply had a fault in the overcurrent protection system.

Needless to say, Rory came to my rescue with a box of hardware goodies - sale or return!!

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: shaneS

Mehr
14 Jan 2017 15:37 #42510 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf PCboard is plugged in but no power
Here is a picture of the fuse: Fuse

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
14 Jan 2017 18:56 #42525 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf PCboard is plugged in but no power
As written above, first measure the output of your power supply.
If that is OK. measure on both sides of the fuse against ground if there is power, if there is no power on one of the sides, most probably your fuse is broken.
You can solder a new one on top of the old one if you are afraid of SMD soldering.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Mehr
27 Mai 2017 20:59 #47636 von olegario
olegario antwortete auf PCboard is plugged in but no power
I checked the tension in the pins of X2, and in the fuse F1 in both sides and all cases were OK. Also I checked in the pins of the tree motor and I got 30V. Any one can give me any info? Thanks

Mehr
30 Mai 2022 20:21 #62405 von Stampatur
Stampatur antwortete auf PCboard is plugged in but no power
Hi, I have the same problem today. I used my CNC Stepcraft last yesterday. When switched everything today to use it I noticed the led lights of the board were not lit. Have not checked the voltages yet, but thank you for the information supplied above I will look into it. I hope it's just a fuse.

Thank everyone who posts valuable info.ood evening.