• der_michels Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • ich_war_es_nicht
Mehr
26 Feb 2015 08:58 - 26 Feb 2015 09:00 #16438 von der_michel
Stepcraft 2 840 - Setup wurde erstellt von der_michel
Hi all,

to prevent you to run into the same questions i had some things i'd changed on my 840 to convert it from ok to wonderful.

1.st i changed the Stepper for X and Y to Stepper with more than 45ncm (cost aprox 40 Euros) and this Euros are well spend.
To mount the bigger Stepper to the X-Axis you need to use some distance screws(Computer Mainboard screws might work)

2nd i did get rid of the original Stepper Controller and use this one ( goo.gl/ZOtfpS ), and with this on half step the hole machine runs
much better, smoother and more powerful.(Need different Power Supply)

3rd. The 2 little 3mmx5mm set screws to mount the rack-wheels to the 2 Y-Axis shafts are not fitting, so buy 2 3mmx10mm set screws and
sanding/cut it to the matching size. Now the set screw are fitting, and have now a flat angle.

The Steppers do 200 Steps for 360° and the shafts doing 3mm by turn, so on full step we have 200/3=66,66 Steps/mm and on half step we have 133.33 Steps/mm. (To convert it to useless inch format - use your favorite calculator :silly:)

With the better Stepper & Control i run my Machine with 1700mm/min

Hope this helps to have a proper 840 that makes you have real fun :-)

Best Der_Michel

there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont

Stepkraft 2 840++, Kress 1050, Mach 3, Estlcam, Corel Draw, VCarve, PhotoVCarve, Vakuumtisch, Absaugung.

Beruf: Informatiker und IT Security Experte
(++ = Bessere Steuerung, stärkere Stepper)
Letzte Änderung: 26 Feb 2015 09:00 von der_michel.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Matei

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
26 Feb 2015 09:42 #16440 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Stepcraft 2 840 - Setup
Addendum:
And be aware that you might loose warranty if you do this unless there is an official statement from SC.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.