file Frage Some questions post assembly of SC420

Mehr
08 Feb 2015 10:55 - 08 Feb 2015 10:57 #15461 von darkwave
Some questions post assembly of SC420 wurde erstellt von darkwave
Hello guys, just three questions. :)

1) it is normal which stepcraft emits a slight whistle when connected?

2) it is normal that the y axis towards the front and rear end of the table efforts? I have not ranked well threaded rods ?, but I calibrated twice.

3) the configuration file for Mach3, kindly given to me by Rory, gives an error (abnormal condition) and the worktop is completely busted (homing / limits) or basically I do not understand it :blink:

Meanwhile, I hope to find an alternative to Mach3.

thank you very much
Letzte Änderung: 08 Feb 2015 10:57 von darkwave.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
08 Feb 2015 12:57 #15477 von Rory
1) yes...

Can you explain more what you mean? on points 2) and 3)?

Check out the UCCNC software as alternative to mach3

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
08 Feb 2015 13:08 #15479 von MagIO2
1) yes, that's normal. Even if the motors stand still there is current through the coils to produce the holding torque. As the electronics is operating in halfstep-mode your motor can stop at halfstep or at fullstep. If it stops at fullstep, it is silent. Halfsteps are generated by PWM frequency. This is what makes the motors hum.

You can try by yourself. Just do one step on an axis. If it gets louder, do another step. If it gets more silent go on with the next axis. If all motors are stopped at a full step, there will be no more humming.

2) sorry, but I don't understand your question.

3) Probably there will be a mach3 guru that will answer this.

I use EstlCAM and Arduino (the italian :lol: ). For the beginning it is OK. Midterm I want to enhance my steppi with my own controller.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
08 Feb 2015 14:41 #15495 von darkwave
darkwave antwortete auf Some questions post assembly of SC420
Thanks for the quick replies.

1) Ok well.
2) At the upper and lower limit of the Y axis, the truck seems to strain with a noise
3) as soon as possible, post the images to better understand the problem.

thanks again
Giorgio

Mehr
08 Feb 2015 17:19 #15536 von Rory
2) need to tune the system. If there is excess friction you need to tweak to get optimal setup!!

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
08 Feb 2015 17:39 #15538 von MagIO2
2) Is the table surface on which you mount your SC really planar? Is the spindle really straight? If it starts stalling on both sides it might mean that the spindle nut is not parallel to the spindle.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
08 Feb 2015 18:35 #15544 von tikka
2) Not shure if I understood correctly, but my machine made a strange "arrr" noise couple of times when it moved towards the end of the x or y axis at first. After performing the "Verification of the Linear Axes" procedure found in the First Steps or Getting Started document it ran smoothly. https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/servie-and-support/first-steps

Also if you put too much grease on the guideways it can be picked up by the rollers and get to the threaded rod. This could create grease blobs that cause some jamming.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
12 Feb 2015 12:21 #15703 von darkwave
darkwave antwortete auf Some questions post assembly of SC420
thank you all for the help, I managed to work well so far.

I should order a complete set of milling cutters for wood, someone has idea of delivery time, if I order these days?

thanks