Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Replacement D420/2 ...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Replacement D420/2 to D420/3, what assocoires are compattible?

1 Beiträge
1 Benutzer
0 Likes
106 Ansichten
Andre Steenveld
(@papaathome)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Dear all,

I have a D420/2 with a number of extensions, and I'm still happy with it. But I'm looking for a D420/3 and what extentions from the D420/2 I can still use on the D420/3. I have asked Stepcraft customer support and the answer was short and clear. None of my extentions on de D420/2 are usable on the D420/3. But I have second thoughts about this anwer.

For instance:

I have a 4th axis extention board. If I look up the web site for an extention board for the D420/3 then for the extention board there is no mentioning for it to be specific /2 of /3. What is provided on the web site is usable for *any* version.
Do I have to buy a new extention board or not?

I have a aluminium T-slot table. At this moment in time the D420/3 T-slot table is out of stock and the D420/2 T-slot table is no longer available on the web site. But comparing the D420/3 measurements for the T-slot table shows exactly the same sizes as for my actual D420/2 table.  T-slot tables for a D600 or D840 does not show any differences in measurements and the /3 version has two rows of holes added to the table. (Which I can drill in my D420/2 table myself... with my D420/2 CNC machine for instance 😉
Must I buy a new T-slot table of can I drill a number of holes in my old table?

I have a dust collector, a few rails and a magnetic clickable dust shoe. For the D420/3 only the magnetic clickable dust shoe is provided on the web site. It looks identical to the one I have vor the D420/2.
Do I need to buy a new dust shoe or will the one I have also fit?

Other questions such as 'Do I need to buy a new licence for UCCNC' I have not yet looked at.

All together, if I need to buy everything new then I will need a substantial bigger budget than just replacing my D420/2 with a D420/3.

I get feelings of dissapointment and becomming ripped off by a company that so far have been supportive and very reliable to me. I do want to upgrade but if I can't get any good answers on *why* I need to buy all my extentions again I rather have a look at some other machines.

Is there any user out here that has upgraded from /2 to /3 and have some hands on experience with one or more of the extensions I mentioned before?

Kind regards.

PapaAtHome

Ich lese Deutsch, ich spreche (ein wenig) Deutsch, aber ich kann kein Deutsch schreiben.

SC420/2+Perf kit+MM1000+WinPC-USB v3.02/06+UCCNC v2111,
FreeCAD/Inkscape on Windows10, 64 bit.

Veröffentlicht : 17/05/2024 4:33 pm
Teilen: