Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Automatic X,Y,Z Zer...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Automatic X,Y,Z Zero tool ?

6 Beiträge
5 Benutzer
0 Likes
5,883 Ansichten
(@badgersurfer)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

I am awaiting delivery of my Stepcraft 420 and reading through the various manuals etc. One item I noticed was the the Z zero accessory.
I had a look on YouTube and watched this video of a guy that had made one to set on the corner of his material to set x,y,z. His was designed for the xcarve with an arduino controller.
This seems to me simple to make, and a lot more useful. Has anyone made one?
If not, any idea of whether it can be set up for the Stepcraft 420, what pins would I need to use and would it work on the UUCNC software?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w53qNc6iNw

Veröffentlicht : 02/08/2016 2:13 pm
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

Hi,

currently there is no such function implemented in UCCNC but I think it can be made with a macro.

I'm using as an alternative to my UCCNC the software ESTLCAM. Main function is "CAM", but SW has also an optional CNC part which uses an ARDUINO UNO as a CNC Controller. And here this function is implemented. See this video here:

Automatic...

The SW can also be switched to English and can be downloaded and used for free but the more you use the more the SW is pausing. So if you like the SW it's better to pay for it.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
-----------------------------------
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 02/08/2016 2:29 pm
(@badgersurfer)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Any ideas what is inside the Stepcraft Tool height gizmo?

Veröffentlicht : 02/08/2016 6:30 pm
(@evan)
Eminent Member

Hi Badgersurfer,

It is a small micro switch.

Veröffentlicht : 31/08/2016 2:07 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

Hi,

If you are thinking of a DIY unit, be very careful that the microswitch you choose is properly specified. The cheapo ones from China usually have nothing as regards over travel or differential travel etc mentioned in their specification.

One which might be acceptable is a Honeywell ZX10C10A01 which has these parameters specified on their data sheet. This one has a specified differential travel of 0.3mm (0.012")max, so presumably repeatability would be somewhat better than this - by how much is anybody's guess. They are low cost anyway, <$1.50 in 1off's - lots of stockists too in US and UK.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 31/08/2016 3:43 pm
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Hi,

this kind of tool is possible with EstlCam.
It is called touch plate.
There is a video available on the EstlCam Web page: EstlCam
Scroll down on the first page.

EstlCam can be connected to the parallel port of the Stepcraft via an Arduino Uno.
Works like a charm and is very powerfull. I made this modification and I don't have any need for UCCNC anymore.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 31/08/2016 4:13 pm
Teilen: