Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
3D printing with Ma...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

3D printing with Mach3 STEP BY STEP

52 Beiträge
27 Benutzer
0 Likes
50.8 K Ansichten
 Ian
(@ian)

Hello, I am a new customer and new to 3D printing. I am still a little confused by the Macros. What do I do with the files in that dropbox?

I am also having a little trouble with my printer material, I am running at temperature setting of 170 and the part is being distorted. I feel like I have the temp set to high. Where would you suggest the temp setting should be?

Thank you,
Ian

Veröffentlicht : 29/12/2014 8:21 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

It is very important that the 4th axis does not "spool in reverse" when you control it. this will wind the filament in reverse and pull the plastic out of the nozzle. I've done this. It's a NIGHTMARE. you will notice in the Gcode from teh repetier host that there are M107 and M109 commands. We simply made these commands zero the A axis. This means when you start / finish a program they will zero the A axis,

apologies - Here are the macros for MAch3. You need to copy these to the folder on your C drive.

Explanation here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4CnneTEQDo

you need to play with the settings to get the warping corrected. Limited experience using the 3D printer system. Perhaps someone could help?

There is a small final tweak that needs fixing in that the fan is currently not controlled 100% by Mach3. It has a 0-100% setting in the 3D printer head. this needs to be controller by Mach3.

Veröffentlicht : 31/12/2014 1:13 am
 Ian
(@ian)

quick fallow up question. is Mack3 or Winpc-nc better cnc roughter and/or 3d printing?

Veröffentlicht : 06/01/2015 5:36 pm
(@dtomee)

Hello,

i've purchased stepcraft 300. I use it to mill and 3D print with Mach3.

For milling, i've no problem, all it's correct.

My problem is with the 4 axis for 3D printer. I use a LPT1 connection, and i don't find the correct parameter to control the PLA feeding. I need the correct parameter for pin connection and the motor parameter (speed,...)

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards

David

Veröffentlicht : 18/05/2015 3:57 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

See does attached file work. NOTE: you should really have the Macros too (can't upload them to here for some reason)... send us an email.

we have a M107 and M109 Marco setup to zero the A axis at the beginning and end of a print cycle to make sure the nozzle doesn't reverese itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4CnneTEQDo

Veröffentlicht : 20/05/2015 11:08 am
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

... (can't upload them to here for some reason)... send us an email.

Try as a *.zip - should work. 😉

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 20/05/2015 11:49 am
(@dtomee)

Rory thanks for you help. Unfortunately, i'd already used your configuration (only with the change of the port with Ox378). In this case there are no action when i'm pressing A+ button.

Another question : when i would like to change the temperature, directly on the control print boxe, nothing. The temperature is fixed around 207°C; Is it normal ?

I suspect a manufacturing defect. My configuration is only a lpt1 connection between MACH3 and the stepcraft, no 4th axis card. I understood that it was'nt necessary.

If somebody have an idea,

Many thanks in advance

David

Veröffentlicht : 20/05/2015 10:53 pm
(@dtomee)

Hello,

I resolved my problem. The stepcraft works fine now (milling+ 3dprinter).

Two wholes:

The temperature must be adjusted first, turn off the controler, and restart

Adjust the frequency at 100khz.

The PLA's flow is very slow. If you want to see the flow adjust the manuel jog´s speed to 100%.

David

Veröffentlicht : 22/05/2015 10:44 pm
(@dtomee)

Finally, i'm somewhat disillusioned with the 3D printer. The 4th axe doesn't run; the PLA's flow observed came from only the internal pressure and stop after only few minutes.

The stepper motor did'nt receive instruction from MACH3.

I've contacted Stepcraft for the guarantee.

Wait and See...

A question for Rory:

I didn't understand our Macro M107. The followings instructions in the macro, don't seem to match up with 4th axe ?

doOemButton(1011)
Code "G00 X0 Y0"
While IsMoving()
Wend

David

Veröffentlicht : 01/06/2015 1:40 pm
 Gary
(@carbon)

Trying to use my recently built SC600 to 3D print. The problem I am having is that the material (PLA) seems to be feeding too quickly and interfering with the nozzle on its next pass, which then wipes out the structure. Is there a way in QuickNCPC to slow down the filament feed rate? I have tried the 4th axis speed settings but nothing seems to affect it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

SC 600. WinPCNC Pro/UNC, 3D Printhead, Aluminum Bed, Foam Cutter, Engraver

Veröffentlicht : 01/06/2015 7:52 pm
 Gary
(@carbon)

I think I figured the problem out. I had scaled the model by 0.5 in x, y, and z to reduce its print size. It seems that this doesn't also reduce the feed rate to the extruder in QuickNCPC. Can anybody verify this for me? It is printing fine at the drawn size of the STL.

Thanks,
Gary

SC 600. WinPCNC Pro/UNC, 3D Printhead, Aluminum Bed, Foam Cutter, Engraver

Veröffentlicht : 02/06/2015 12:22 am
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

Trying to use my recently built SC600 to 3D print. The problem I am having is that the material (PLA) seems to be feeding too quickly and interfering with the nozzle on its next pass, which then wipes out the structure. Is there a way in QuickNCPC to slow down the filament feed rate? I have tried the 4th axis speed settings but nothing seems to affect it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

One way is to tune the "steps per unit" on the A axis - so you have the same Gcode and the motor moves a little less. This will need some testing / teaking.

Not sure can you change the displacement of the 4th axis code from repetier. the 4th axis is programmed with a G01 command.

Veröffentlicht : 04/06/2015 12:49 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

Finally, i'm somewhat disillusioned with the 3D printer. The 4th axe doesn't run; the PLA's flow observed came from only the internal pressure and stop after only few minutes.

The stepper motor did'nt receive instruction from MACH3.

I've contacted Stepcraft for the guarantee.

Wait and See...

A question for Rory:

I didn't understand our Macro M107. The followings instructions in the macro, don't seem to match up with 4th axe ?

doOemButton(1011)
Code "G00 X0 Y0"
While IsMoving()
Wend

David

DoOEMButton(1011) zeros the A axis so it won't spool in reverse when start again and go back to zero. It then moves to the XY 00 position.

You need to make sure your A axis mach3 profile has step pin 9 and dir pin 8 on port 1 for the A axis.

The connector between the SC card and the 3D printer is all thats needed - no need for the 4th axis card.

most likely its your settings in Mach3.

Veröffentlicht : 04/06/2015 12:52 pm
(@dtomee)

Yes, the pin connections are good. There is one more thing that think me about failure: the temperature doesn't

stabilize around the setpoint temperature. For example i fixed 170°C, and the temperature increased and stop around 186 °C;

I've contacted Stepcraft support and i'll prepare a return of the print head for diagnostic. i'will cost me 50 euros and it gives me no pleasure.

Rory thank you very much for your Help.

David

Veröffentlicht : 04/06/2015 1:15 pm
Michael Lux
(@mikerd03)
Reputable Member

I tried to make the cooler work with Mach3. I use KISSSlicer for slicing and would need the correct Mach3 config for controlling the cooler und the commands for switching on/off and controlling the speed. Can anyone help?

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper

Veröffentlicht : 30/11/2015 12:47 pm
Seite 2 / 4
Teilen: