Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
3D printing with Ma...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

3D printing with Mach3 STEP BY STEP

52 Beiträge
27 Benutzer
0 Likes
50.8 K Ansichten
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N7PO3fZudo

We've just finished the support materials for the 3D printer. The 3D printer is now fully operational on Mach3. We have made Macros such that the system is now compatible with the default output from STEPCRAFT Repetier Host Gcode file. You have to make sure that the 3D printer motor in the head does not wind the spool backwards. This can cause the spool to clog when filling back up again. The two MAcros we have made and that are now included as part of the installation pack Zero the 4th axis at the start and end of the Gcode file.

Veröffentlicht : 05/09/2014 11:37 pm
(@zscherpy)

hello Rory,
I watched your video and think it's great.
Also use Mach3 and would also like 3d print ...
is the installation pack for free?

thanks for the help

Gruß
Rob

Veröffentlicht : 28/09/2014 3:42 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

Rob - did you email us? We had an issue replying to an email a few days ago...

Glad you like the video. Please let us know if anything is not clear.
Please see the XML.

you may use it as you wish - we can provide support here on the forum when we have time.

there are two Marcros that you need to copy to the Macro folder - see video. For some reason can't attach the Macros to the message. The Macros zero the A axis before the program starts. be careful here - don't allow the A axis reverse when you start the program (always 0 the A axis) this is what the Macros do. Otherwise it will wind the filament in reverse and this can be very tricky to fix/clean/get going again.

If you do use our files - we ask that you share the results back with the community. Email us and we will share the macros

We are waiting for a small addition to the Repetier software (for generating the 3D printing Gcode) as we need a small change to allow the cooling fan to work 100% correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4CnneTEQDo

Veröffentlicht : 29/09/2014 5:32 pm
(@wobbie)
Eminent Member

Hi Rory
I would love to give this a try myself, but could not download the XML file above
regards Rob

Veröffentlicht : 02/10/2014 12:47 am
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

... but could not download the XML file above

Hi Rob - welcome to the Forum!
I'm not sure which browser you have in use but with a (mouse) right click on the XML file link a context menu will pop up and there must be something like "Save Target As ..." or "Save Link As..." or something similar. That should work to save this file to your Computer. If not try the other options in the context menu - one will definitive work!

Good luck!

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 02/10/2014 4:12 am
(@wobbie)
Eminent Member

no sorry im using a mac chrome or safari , when i right click there is no download there

Rob

Veröffentlicht : 02/10/2014 5:05 am
(@spur0)
Prominent Member

Nimm mal "Verknüpfte Date laden" bzw. "Verknüpfte Date laden unter" :whistle:

HighZ-T

Gruß,
Wolfgang

Veröffentlicht : 02/10/2014 9:40 am
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

no sorry im using a mac chrome or safari , when i right click there is no download there

Rob

Seriously, Chrome for MAC has not the same right click context menu like the WIN version ... :huh:

Chrome Win:

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 02/10/2014 12:20 pm
(@spur0)
Prominent Member

And here the context menu from Safari:

HighZ-T

Gruß,
Wolfgang

Veröffentlicht : 02/10/2014 12:39 pm
(@wobbie)
Eminent Member

thanks guys , i got it.
great help, have a great week

Veröffentlicht : 03/10/2014 12:33 am
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

You need the macros too.

otherwise the A axix will not zero itself when you run - watch this. Its a b*** to reset the printer head and get the filament going again.

always zero zero zero zero the Axis before you start...!

the macros do this at the start and end of program to be sure

Veröffentlicht : 03/10/2014 1:18 am
(@wobbie)
Eminent Member

this has now lost me what are the macros

Veröffentlicht : 03/10/2014 1:26 am
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

We have made macros that zero the A axis before and after the program is run. to avoid spooling in reverse when the A axis goes back to "zero".

Veröffentlicht : 16/12/2014 6:48 pm
(@wobbie)
Eminent Member

great news Rory
can you send me the file.

Veröffentlicht : 16/12/2014 10:32 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member
Themenstarter

dropbox link

Here are the Macros. There are two in there that should "zero" the A axis when the program starts and finishes.

Veröffentlicht : 19/12/2014 12:51 pm
Seite 1 / 4
Teilen: