Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Success stories?

20 Beiträge
13 Benutzer
0 Reactions
15.5 K Ansichten
Markku Lehtola
(@sloworks)
Trusted Member

Gents, on an open system (no housing) like the Stepcraft 3D printer you will never get good results with ABS.

Hi,

this is just not true. Yes, there is problem, mainly with warping with larger parts, but it doesn't mean that you can't get good stuff out with machine without enclosure. If you have problems printing small ABS parts with open printer, then you have a poor printer or something else wrong...

Also, materials are getting better all the time, currently the best ABS filaments are almost as easy to print as PLA...

Here's one larger example, ABS, BCN3D Sigma. Table temp 100C, no problem.

br
Markku
www.stepcraft.fi (reseller in Finland)
www.sloworks.fi
SOLIDWORKS, WinPC-NC Full, EstlCAM, SC1/600 + HF500W, laser
BCN3D Sigma

Veröffentlicht : 08/05/2017 1:21 pm
(@qdewolf)

although i do not have the 3d print head but i do own a makergear mk2 which is open and i found the most useful item to be a PEI (Polyetherimide) Sheet as a print surface. it has almost completely eliminated the need for a raft. the other important is a level bed which the stepcraft does not easily allow but could be rigged. the huge advantage to the stepcraft is the potential for very large prints.

Veröffentlicht : 09/05/2017 9:54 pm
(@drilldevil)
Noble Member

can somebody stop this retarded spam plz.:sick:

Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 06/05/2018 8:31 pm
Thomas Semmler
(@thomasdbg)
Noble Member

can somebody stop this retarded spam plz.:sick:

Done.

Produktevangelist 🙂

Es grüßt mit der Ihm gegebenen Freundlichkeit...

...der Thomas

Veröffentlicht : 10/05/2018 9:55 pm
 R J
(@cpt-wingnut)
Eminent Member

Hi-ya,
I found these two sites useful. Maybe there’s something on there that may help improve your results.
FYI, I’m not affiliated with either.
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/
https://rigid.ink/pages/ultimate-troubleshooting-guide

Veröffentlicht : 29/05/2018 8:01 pm
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: