• shrinivas2001
  • shrinivas2001s Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
20 Okt 2015 13:07 #26101 von shrinivas2001
Filament for 3D Printing wurde erstellt von shrinivas2001
Please suggest the different type of Filament suitable for SC2

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
20 Okt 2015 13:11 - 20 Okt 2015 13:13 #26103 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Filament for 3D Printing
Well, they sell these PLA filaments, but I don't know what other filaments are supported by the 3D head.

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/accessories/system-accessories/3d-printing

And depending on your injector diameter, they allow for 0.3mm to 1mm filaments.

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/accessories/system-accessories/3d-printing/printing-injector-sparepart

But I'm not really an expert in this matter.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 20 Okt 2015 13:13 von jvalencia.

Mehr
21 Okt 2015 14:53 #26123 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf Filament for 3D Printing
The filament must be 1.75 mm, regardless of the injector diameter. I just bought some generic PLA 1.75 mm filament from the local shop, and then ended up printing spool holders, as the spool I got had completely different axis diameters than what can be placed in the stepcraft holder.

The spools I got were some special SmartReel system spools and the manufacturer was cel-robotics.com. One of the good thing about those spools was that they came with their own sealable plastic bags, so I can seal them back to that bag when not in use. It is important to make sure that the PLA spools are airtight sealed, as otherwise they will absorb moisture from the air, and that will lower the quality of the PLA (or at least that is what my friend who had done much more 3D printing told me).

Imporant thing is that when you get the PLA, run some temperature tests and make sure to adjust the temperature to something that is suitable for your machine and for that specific spool. This temperature might change from one spool to another (for example the white PLA I had required bit higher temperature than the black PLA, and these were from the same manufacturer).

I ended up way lower temperature than anybody told I should use, but it might be that my temperature sensor is not really calibrated correctly, or so. Thats why it is important to run those tests yourself, and not try to use someone elses settings.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: shrinivas2001