file Frage Problems with the z-axis

Mehr
06 Feb 2015 10:25 #15295 von Roelofs
Problems with the z-axis wurde erstellt von Roelofs
Hi there,

A few days ago I assembled a Stepcraft 300. After tuning the mechanics I went and look at the software. Followed the manual and decided to print an own made object:

- Saved the 3D file as .STL;
- Opened the STL with StepCraft Repetier;
- Slic3d it;
- Saved the .gcode;
- Opened the .gcode with WinPC USB;
- Started the program:

The first layer is printed, just as expected. When the stepcraft wants to print the second layer, it tries to print it beneath the first layer.

- I stopped the program
- Went into WinPC USB's settings;
- Found a check box that reverses the Z-Axis;
- Tinkered with a few other settings to enhance the machine;
- Started the program again:

The stepcraft prints the object perfectly. Right untill the end. When its done with it's final layer, the machine turns "god mode" and destroys the object completely with its Z-Axis. The machines probably wants to lift the Z-Axis untill it's above the material before it's send to his park position. That's logical if you're milling, but I'm not milling I'm printing. In fact everytime I want to stop a program and press "stop" the machine first homes to the Z-axis.

My question is, what have I done wrong? Or aren't I wrong and simply missed a checkbox? Or are the problems within StepCraft (I haven't done any tinkering with that program)?

Please help,
Roelofs

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
06 Feb 2015 20:41 #15320 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Problems with the z-axis
First issue sounds like a mirrored Z axis setting in WinPC... not sure as never used it to run Gcode.

The second issue sounds like the final instruction is to correct... which could also be winPC profile?

At the end of the program the final instruction should move the machine away from the part...

anyone with WinPC exepreince who can help here?

Mehr
07 Feb 2015 21:00 #15417 von xtremware
xtremware antwortete auf Problems with the z-axis
Hello all.
I've got same problem, I've had to install last version of Slic3r software, and the more important, configure Repetier-Host as a Router CNC instead of a Cartesian 3D printer (default), things go better now, though I have some problems fixing the coordinates of the part, no matter where I fix it, when the gcode is generated, it always start near X88, Y33. An immature software, I hope next versions will fix these problems.

Mehr
09 Feb 2015 18:17 #15608 von markus.wedel
markus.wedel antwortete auf Problems with the z-axis
Hi guys,

have you imported the parameter file for WinPC-NC? (see First Steps brochure, page 9,, sentence in red)

Markus

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.