• Mihael's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Mar 2021 09:53 #60829 by Mihael
V bit question was created by Mihael
Hello all.
I’m new to cnc and recently got D600.
So I tried using 30deg V bit on hard wood and it is cutting great but one issue is that fine dust/chips get clogged inside grooves that it cut. After machine work is done I have to remove this with needle.
Is that normal or I’m doing something wrong with cam settings?

Bit is similar to this one shop.stepcraft-systems.com/V-Router-partial-halved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2021 09:03 #60836 by CNCMiller
Replied by CNCMiller on topic V bit question
Mihael,
most important point is to get rid of the chips. Do this by vacuum dust suction or air blast during the milling process.
There are several solutions on the forum and some how to do plans else go search on Thingiverse you will find a lot of Dust suction shoes or air blast ideas.

good luck.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mihael

• Mihael
  • Mihael's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
29 Mar 2021 12:07 #60838 by Mihael
Replied by Mihael on topic V bit question
Ok, seems the issue is that I had not vacuumed constantly but every ~15sec (doing it manually...). Thanks for the tip.