file Question Estlcam and arduino

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
28 Dec 2016 19:32 #41379 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic Estlcam and arduino
What do you mean with "setup the arduino with a USB-board"? There is no setup with, the arduino replaces the USB-board.

If you have a look at the first 3 pictures in the thread mentioned in my previous post, you can see the setup.
1. Spend some time to learn PCB milling and create the latest version of the shield ( find the files here )
The USB-board and WinPC NC will do the job.
2. Solder the parts
3. Remove the USB-board and attach the shield instead
4. Download EstlCAM and use it's programming function to write the EstlCAM "firmware" to the UNO
5. Plug the Arduino in to the shield

If you reprogram the Arduino while plugged in you should switch off all the switchable devices like spindle or vacuum, as they might start unintentionally in this case.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2017 15:39 #41747 by MoMa
Replied by MoMa on topic Estlcam and arduino
Thanks a lot for the links and the additional info. I will start trying in a few weeks when I have some more time. For now I am using the starter version of WINPCNC, which sort of works out for me.
The thing I have difficulty opening .plt files (which I conversed from .ai). It's a text I want to engrave, single lines letters, but somehow opens in WINPCNC with having outlines. But I guess this questions belongs to a different thread...

More
22 Apr 2017 11:56 #46568 by nd595
Replied by nd595 on topic Estlcam and arduino
Or you can leave the electronics that are in Stepcraft in place, save a file in Estlcam and use either UCCNC or Mach3 to control the machine. Works perfectly well.
It's up to you if you want to take Arduino route so that you can mill directly from Estlcam, but having a lot more control in UCCNC or Mach3 - wins for me.

More
22 Apr 2017 18:25 #46579 by DerRoy
Replied by DerRoy on topic Estlcam and arduino
Well, that will not work.
Neither UCCNC nor Mach3 works together with the Stepcraft USB Port.
You could use these programs together with the UC100 controller.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

More
20 Mar 2019 19:16 #56154 by AnnyMore
Replied by AnnyMore on topic Estlcam and arduino
Hi...I’m currently building my MPCNC with this setup.Uno and CNC Shield running grbl. I don’t plan on using the MPCNC for printing or running jobs from SD cards, so I think the Mega/Ramps setup is overkill for me.
I currently have everything moving. I’m getting limit switches setup and getting familiar with the CNC workflow. I hope to start cutting this weekend.
If you want any info on setting this up, take a look at the xcarve or shapeoko communities, as they primarily use an Uno running grbl.