Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Quick Engrave Cutti...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Quick Engrave Cutting Too Deep

3 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
6,133 Ansichten
(@evan)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Hi,

I am trying to do an outline quick engrave but having a problem between what I see in V-Carve preview and the produced part.
I have limited the cut depth to 1mm and the preview looks great but UCCNC wants to engrave about 2-3mm into the workpiece. Can anyone help, thanks.

Veröffentlicht : 10/08/2016 7:11 pm
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member

I also ran into this problem.

Solution: level the board with a 20mm end mill. This will set your height uniformly across the board.

After that, my Z values were perfect.

Try using another part of the board and check the results. Another way would be setting your end mill to Z0 and let it run from Y0 to Y800 or whatever size is yours. If your board is not leveled, it will cut it at some point.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 10/08/2016 8:52 pm
(@evan)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Thanks, unfortunately I won't be able to face off the surface as I'm hoping to engrave on a gift box.
I doubt the workpiece is deflecting that much but with the original stepcraft clamping it might be
possible. I think it is time to invest in a dial indicator and new worktop with a better clamping system.
In the mean time I might break up my engraving into multiple toolpath sections and zero the Z above each
section to minimise the impact of any deflection.

Veröffentlicht : 12/08/2016 3:02 pm
Teilen: