file Question M1000 dryspin Assembly

• Iperpaolo
  • Iperpaolo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
29 Mar 2021 19:01 #60844 by Iperpaolo
M1000 dryspin Assembly was created by Iperpaolo
Hi, I'm Building the new M1000, I've a little problem with the assembly of IGUS dryspin Screws

When I insert inside Part 15 the Plastic Bearing 114 and the Oring 53 the result is that it's very difficult to align the Holes of the Part 22 to insert the screws, almost impossible.
Am I wrong or the plastic bearing 114 and the oring 53 have not to be tight , they have to be loose, not compressed betwen the two 22 plastic parts ?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Iperpaolo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
31 Mar 2021 11:33 #60851 by Iperpaolo
Replied by Iperpaolo on topic M1000 dryspin Assembly
OK, I've collected some info, and the Video Manual looks like to be Outdated in some parts, so the assembly showed about the dryspin is not Correct...
The Paper Manual too has some picture related to the dryspin that can confuse. This is probably one of the most important part of the assembly, the fine Tuning of the lead screw and I'd like to see a better guide for this components...

• Iperpaolo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Apr 2021 14:04 #60883 by Iperpaolo
OK solved, Thanks To Stepcraft that send to me new Spindles
In Fact the original Spindles in the pack, for a supplier error had a different position of the inner spindle, only few degree but enough to create problem in the assembly.

More
09 Apr 2021 10:54 - 09 Apr 2021 11:52 #60888 by Nioldo
Replied by Nioldo on topic M1000 dryspin Assembly
Hi Iperpaolo,

i had exactly the same problems with every spindle. I also wrote something in the german Forum.
I thought I solved this problem because I did one rotation less of the plastic parts. So I didn't have a clamping force on the Oring, and Y-Spindle on the Oring and plastic ring.
So if you shake the spindle you can hear them falling . I hope you understand what I mean.

So it is the same problem what you have? I should call Stepcraft....

Did you get new Spindles or ne IGUS plastic parts?
Last edit: 09 Apr 2021 11:52 by Nioldo.

• Iperpaolo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
09 Apr 2021 19:12 #60891 by Iperpaolo
Hi, From your description It looks like you had same problem. Attached there is a Picture, to the left the new Spindle, to the right the wrong one. They are identical, but the inner spindle is rotated of few degree, you can se on the red dot the "start" of the spindle.
The inner spacer and the oring have to be slightly compressed y the spindles, they don't have to be loose.

This message has an attachment image.

• Iperpaolo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
09 Apr 2021 19:16 #60892 by Iperpaolo
I've received the IGUS plastic part, I call Them Spindles, but I'm not surethis is the right name for these.

Nioldo wrote: Hi Iperpaolo,

i had exactly the same problems with every spindle. I also wrote something in the german Forum.
I thought I solved this problem because I did one rotation less of the plastic parts. So I didn't have a clamping force on the Oring, and Y-Spindle on the Oring and plastic ring.
So if you shake the spindle you can hear them falling . I hope you understand what I mean.

So it is the same problem what you have? I should call Stepcraft....

Did you get new Spindles or ne IGUS plastic parts?

More
10 Apr 2021 08:36 #60893 by Nioldo
Replied by Nioldo on topic M1000 dryspin Assembly
Hi, thank you for your help. I called Stepcraft, they will send me some new plastic parts too.

More
16 Apr 2021 16:05 #60933 by labomat
Replied by labomat on topic M1000 dryspin Assembly
Hey, I have the same problem too. Can you post a picture of the correct assembled component? How much space is ok between the aluminium part and the second plastic screw part? How easy should it be movable before fasten the (ordinary) screws?
Thanks, Kai

• Iperpaolo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
22 Apr 2021 16:14 #60973 by Iperpaolo
Hi, I don't have a picture of the final assembly, but it's different from the picture you can see in the manual, simply the space between the second plastic spindle and the aluminum part is bigger, the correct distance is given by the inner spacer+oring, that have to be slightly compressed .
I' don't know how much friction have to be on the final assembly, I suppose the less friction as possible with no tolerance

More
20 Sep 2021 15:15 #61436 by Kouda52
Replied by Kouda52 on topic M1000 dryspin Assembly
Hi,

I had the same problem while editing on an M500. By tightening hard, the play can be adjusted, but the ears of the nuts are strongly deformed (while the maximum tightening torque should be 2.5 Nm dixit Igus!). A drop of oil (the Igus screw supplied) on the seal [53] improves the sliding and compression of the seal, and reduces assembly stresses. In the end, some time after mounting on the screw, and by means of the elasticity (!?) of the polymer, the functional clearance of the nut-screw seems to be assured without too much friction.
There is also the solution of putting a thinner or less dense o-ring [53].

However, I modified the assembly by using two stainless steel washers of M12 D40 ep2.5 (standard dimension) coming to bear on the outside of the nuts. The dimensions are perfect: you just need to saw the flats, and drill the fixing holes. On the other hand, it will be necessary to think about putting screws [70] larger by 3mm.
In addition, I think that the fact of putting these support flanges on each nut will make it possible to gain in precision, no longer having the "parasitic" flexibility of the flanges.

Washers like these : www.vis-express.fr/en/rond-plate-serie-ll-inox-a4-nfe-25513/21720-940661-flat-washer-m12x40x25-ll-stainless-steel-a4-3663072196759.html

Seal, photo on the Z axis machine, but they are all equipped.

M500 + AMB1400FMEPDI + InterpCNC-2 + Galaad

• Iperpaolo
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
20 Sep 2021 15:34 #61437 by Iperpaolo
Hi, check this picture attached,if there was a mistake in production, and the spindles are wrong, you will not have a correct assembly. check if your spindle is similar to the first in the picture. With correct spindles the final assembly is super easy, no need for metal spacers or longher screws

This message has an attachment image.

More
20 Sep 2021 16:09 #61438 by Kouda52
Hi Iperpaolo,

Thanks for your info. I actually saw your subject, but unfortunately after editing.
I had spoken of this assembly problem (and a few bugs in the manual !!) to Stepcraft, but there was no reaction at the time.
However, I will restart them for exchange (2 nuts concerned) in case ...

I must also submit to them the usefulness of the screw [66] diagram H.3 page 46, which is no longer dealt with subsequently. Because apart from adjusting the limit switch on the Y1 side, if no electronics or software tool takes advantage of it, what is the point?

More
27 Sep 2022 15:15 #62621 by CallumT
Replied by CallumT on topic M1000 dryspin Assembly
Hi I'm building an m700 and I've got the same spacing issue, I can't align the holes and if I put it on looser I can hear the o ring and plastic bearing rattling. But from what I can tell based on the previous posts in this thread I have the correct plastic 'spindle' part (pictured). Did the washer solution work in the long term?

More
27 Sep 2022 23:51 #62622 by Kouda52
Hi CallumT,
The assembly with the support washers works perfectly well.
If the addition of support flanges puts off (small additional weight), there is also the possibility of putting a thinner or less dense O-ring [53], or shortening the spacer [114], to try to save the ~0.6mm gap.
FYI, regarding the cause indicated by @Iperpaolo, I was never able to obtain the exchange of the nuts from the German distributor, unlike our American friends.