file Frage Post processor in Fusion 360

Mehr
27 Jul 2017 19:29 - 27 Jul 2017 19:30 #49059 von lesilobe
Post processor in Fusion 360 wurde erstellt von lesilobe
Hi everyones,

I just bought a Stepcraft with HD Spindle and the laser head. This CNC geek world is totally new for me but I already love it !
There is a lot of informations to understand for a newbie like me, especially about the workflow (and good practices) from the drawing to the cutting or milling.

At this point everything seems to be clear : I modeling then generating a toolpath in Fusion 360 who will give me a G-code file to load in UCCNC.
But I have a problem for generating the toolpath in Fusion 360.
If I correctly understand I have to load Post Processors in Fusion (who is a kind of tool library, right ?), but I can't find how to correctly achieve that. I do exactly what they said here but the Stepcraft tools don't appear in the list when I create a 2D contour path in the CAM section from Fusion 360.

Someone can please explain me ? am I have wrong somewhere ?

Thanks !
Letzte Änderung: 27 Jul 2017 19:30 von lesilobe.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Jul 2017 02:25 #49070 von Rockguy66
Rockguy66 antwortete auf Post processor in Fusion 360
Try this link to download a Stepcraft Post Processor:

cam.autodesk.com/posts/

There is a StepCraft/UCCNC Post there.

Good Luck!

Mehr
20 Okt 2017 03:11 #50913 von bmartens
bmartens antwortete auf Post processor in Fusion 360
The post processor also doesn't create tools - it just translates the produced g-code into the 'dialect' needed by stepcraft.

You will still need to create a laser tool - I'm still working on figuring this out in fusion 360 (all a steep learning curve for me).
There is a dedicated laser tool you can create (laser diameter 0.1mm, per page 25 of the laser manual), but it seems more tailored to cutting out objects than marking/filling. You could also likely create a dummy laser end mill, with speeds from 0-255 for the power (which is how Vectric does it). The problem here is that I'm not sure how the post-processor translates this, given that the post-processor has it's own variable for laser power. I've emailed stepcraft.us about it, and they're looking into it (possibly with some involvement of autodesk).

Mehr
14 Nov 2017 18:27 #51193 von Nahomi
Nahomi antwortete auf Post processor in Fusion 360
Hello bmartens!

I am having the exact same problem. Did you already hear anything from stepcraft? I´ve been trying a couple of post-processor to see which one fits best the laser but nothing seems to work after I open the file on winpc nc.

Thanks for any help!

Mehr
27 Feb 2021 09:21 #60635 von ctrlcTeam
ctrlcTeam antwortete auf Post processor in Fusion 360
Hallo, ich bekomme mit dem postprocessor von Stepcraft UCCNC immer einen failed beim generieren des CN-Files.
Ich hab dann einfach mal den WinCNC Post versucht... alles fein.

Ist das nun ein Problem wenn ich da nen anderen postprocessor verwende ?!

Danke euch