file Frage 1:43 Model engineering with a 420 Proxxon

Mehr
19 Jul 2019 13:44 #57063 von Giles
I mostly use my 420 Proxxon for milling brass and nickel-silver, and modelling in 1:43 scale.

My main hobby is railway modelling (narrow gauge), and I now use the Stepcraft for cutting chassis components and detail parts. I draw up 'kits' which slot-and-tab together, and then silver-solder for full assembly.

There has certainly been a good deal of trial and error, nut the results have been very good, and I can produce a level of detail that I could not produce any other way!
The cylinder end cover shown, is about 6mm diameter, and the nuts modelled are less than 1mm across flats. It took about 45 minutes to machine, though!

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: druckgott, boogieman, peterg1000, Andys1957, Rahul, doncraig, Car S ten

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
01 Aug 2019 15:13 #57118 von cygnus
This all looks really good.
Can you give details about the clamping and the tools you used? The cutting values you use would be of interest to me, too.
I would be happy to get an answer from you.
Greetings cygnus

Stepcraft 420/2 mit WinPcNc-USB, Kress 1050, QCAD, Estlcam

Bedenke, dass auch ein Tritt in den Hintern einen Schritt vorwärts bedeuten kann.

Mehr
01 Aug 2019 19:43 - 01 Aug 2019 19:49 #57121 von Giles
Hi Cygnus,

Since I use a melamne spoilboard, I don't clamp the work down at all, but use a low-tack 50mm wide double-sided tape to stick the sheet metal to the board (preferably at least 100mm x 150mm metal sheets, so it holds well). This does not move at all.

If it is very fine detail, like the cylinder end cover, I use 0.8mm diameter 'D' bits, at a feed rate of 0.25mm/second, and 0.2mm pass depth. It is very slow, but it makes a good job and does not break the bit.

Larger pieces were cut with a 1.5mm 'D' bit at 0.5mm per second with a 0.3mm pass depth,

A previous job I did used a 2.5mm 'D' bit at up to 3mm per second 0.mm pass depth - here is the video

I hope this helps!

Giles
Letzte Änderung: 01 Aug 2019 19:49 von Giles.

Mehr
08 Aug 2019 11:38 #57166 von cygnus
Hallo Giles
Thx for the reply
I think the valutes will help by my next projekt
Greets cygnus

Stepcraft 420/2 mit WinPcNc-USB, Kress 1050, QCAD, Estlcam

Bedenke, dass auch ein Tritt in den Hintern einen Schritt vorwärts bedeuten kann.