file Frage z axis and just digs in

Mehr
19 Jul 2017 19:20 #48870 von Richard777
z axis and just digs in wurde erstellt von Richard777
Starting to get incredibly frustrated with my stepcraft!! For no reason it loses steps on the z axis and just digs in. Messes up the whole piece and cuts too deep that you can't even us the other side of the wood.

After I hit the emergency stop I moved the z axis up and down at speed and it was as smooth as you like!

Anyone else had this problem?

Stepcraft 840
Kress Spindle
UCCNC
Vectric Aspire

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
23 Jul 2017 20:55 #48964 von Radford
Radford antwortete auf z axis and just digs in
Did you check to see if there is looseness in the Z or X axes rollers?

Mehr
24 Jul 2017 15:02 #48979 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf z axis and just digs in
Richard,

If the Z and X axis move smooth after an emergency stop it looks more like a software problem rather than a hardware issue. But checking the set screws never can do any harm.
Do you have an other CNC controlling program like WinPC-NC (starter or else) so you can check if that one is working well?
second check the post-processor file or use a different one to see if there are miscalculations in the g-code.

good luck and keep positive the Steppie is a fine HOBBY machine so be gentle.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021