file Frage WINpc-nc problem

Mehr
17 Jan 2017 19:16 #42662 von spil
WINpc-nc problem wurde erstellt von spil
Hi!

I have used this software and my Stepcraft 420 machine for a while now.
But today a new problem has turned up.

When I have opened a file in to Winpc-nc software, it is a large file, 80-120 MB, tried different ones, then everything works well until I press F3 for starting the wood milling process of a 3D image.

Then after about 5-6 seconds I only get a message "Communication error/lost" and nothing happens.

I try to mill out a nice sign and have tried ISO file type as well as NC file type, same action.
My machine is grounded very well. The computer controlling it only has the winpc-nc software.

Why does communication go bad so the machine wont mill?
Cant be alone with this problem. See my attached PDF for an explanation.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
17 Jan 2017 19:59 #42664 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf WINpc-nc problem
Hello spil,

Can you tell something about your 3D software, what program produces your toolpath (pre-processor)?
I use Aspire a Vectrix software an a large 3D file produces 4,6 MB of data. Yours 80 MB?

Another problem can be your computer especially a laptop running on its battery, if you use windows this can disconnect your usb communication in a certain power-safe setting.

so give some more information about your setup pls.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
17 Jan 2017 20:22 #42666 von spil
spil antwortete auf WINpc-nc problem
Sure. I use ArtCAM Professional.

Am not using a laptop it is a stationary computer HP 3GHz, 16 GB RAM, 4TB HDD.

It is set not to go to sleep or any such modes. Energy level is always at maximum since the computer is configured only to control my CNC machine.

Am not an expert in CNC milling but to me an image that is 300 x 270 mm big cannot generate only a 4MB file when using a 0.1mm tool. Sounds impossible with such a small file as you say. Take a look at the PDF I have attached with the images. It happens secons after I press start, not minutes or hours. I sit at the computer all the time, nothing happens it just dies and the communication is gone. But when I restart WinPC-nc software everything works well again until I want to start the project

Mehr
18 Jan 2017 07:11 #42691 von Minott
Minott antwortete auf WINpc-nc problem
Hi Spil,

maybe the file size is to big. Also the machining time of this Project must be enormous. Why don't you do it in two runs. One for roughing with a bigger tool and then a smoothing one with your v bit? this should decrease the process time and the file size. Normaly you can Programm this in the cam Software.

Gruß Jens

Mehr
18 Jan 2017 09:17 - 18 Jan 2017 09:18 #42698 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf WINpc-nc problem
Spil,

The diameter of your milling bit could be your problem.
Normaly you roughen first the 3D work-piece with a lager diameter tool. I use a 3mm ballnose bit for this and than make a second path with a a fine tooltip bit, for me that is a 1mm ballnose.
This results in smaller toolpath files.

or make two files one for roughing and one for finishing.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 18 Jan 2017 09:18 von CNCMiller.

Mehr
18 Jan 2017 10:51 #42703 von spil
spil antwortete auf WINpc-nc problem
Thank you for your replies!!

Well I have made a few similar models that are in the size of 200 x 200mm and the milling time has been about 10 hours for that.

Usually use my CNC for other projects so I am new to the wood section.
Will try the roughing with a tool I have and let you know how things are going.
THANK YOU again for your replies!

Mehr
18 Jan 2017 11:51 #42708 von MrMaJo
MrMaJo antwortete auf WINpc-nc problem
Which version of WinPCNC are you using?

In the Update History document I found a hind that a problem which sounds similar to yours was solved with version Version 1.80/43 (USB) on 4.9.2014

Problem description from the history document translated to English:
With our USB versions, sometimes communication problems with
disconnections and corresponding messages could happen at large jobs and extremely fine
vector resolution. This should now be fixed by faster and more effective data transmission.

Gelernt auf Stepcraft 420
Jetzt mit der Sorotec AL-1107 unterwegs.