file Frage v2 840

Mehr
18 Aug 2017 14:05 #49692 von Stringboy
v2 840 wurde erstellt von Stringboy
Hi my name is Pete.
I have just had delivery of a v2 840. Its still in the box. Looks nice.
I just starting going through the parts checking it is all present.
I have noticed that there is a European plug on the power supply - I'm in the UK.

I think this is going to be fun....

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
18 Aug 2017 16:48 #49694 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf v2 840
Cut it off and fit a proper one!!

Seriously though - whilst your going through the checks, put the small parts in labelled bags - saves a lot of frustration when searching for a particular part no. later on. Make haste slowly, and IMHO you would do well to do a almost complete mechanical assembly before starting the wiring.

There a plenty of words of wisdom buried in various forum messages, and Rory (Stoney CNC) has some excellent videos relating to the mechanical adjustment of the machine - well worth spending some time reviewing those.

The 840 is a big machine, and it is most important that it is mounted on a stable flat surface before you set up the Y-axis mechanics. If your budget will stretch that far, get a T-slot base, it does wonders for machine rigidity.

If you have problems during build - pose them on the forum, lots of experienced and clever people there who will be glad to give advice.

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
19 Aug 2017 13:22 #49722 von Stringboy
Stringboy antwortete auf v2 840
Thanks for the advice - Yes I have already separated up the parts and put in small plastic draws.
I am a little concerned already!!! about the base board as I have read a few people having trouble with the fitment of the wood version. I will move to the t-slot type in the future but at the moment I am going to use the standard one while learning. In that case any little accidents will not be so upsetting.

I would be nice if the parts were in bags labelled with the assemble instructions numbers. Other manufacturers do it on the more expensive kits for furniture etc. It would make it a bit easier to identify the parts, especially as the picture do not give much help on the actual size. Having said that I have now "touched" and identified every part prior to starting the assembly.

Yes the plugs will be swapped for the uk type.
Cheers.

Mehr
19 Aug 2017 13:54 #49724 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf v2 840
The frustrating thing is that all the parts are surely in separate bins at Stepcraft - and presumably someone goes to each bin and picks up the required number only to put them all in the same bag!! Clever!!

Didn't you number your plastic drawers with the blue background numbers - worth doing before you start.

If your wooden base board is a tight fit, don't use a 7lb "persuader" to fit it as some have done, just ease the fit little at a time by sanding (the baseboard) in the appropriate places. It's essential the base frame is not distorted either. You could check the fit of the Y-axis extrusions early on to anticipate possible tightness in the slots.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
19 Aug 2017 14:39 #49725 von Stringboy
Stringboy antwortete auf v2 840
Yes it sounds a bit over the top but I did group the parts in drawers as to make sense when needing them.
ie all the 3mm screws, 4mm screws etc. I have found in the past that once you have seen a part it makes it much better and easier to find when you need it.
Like to old saying "I know I have got one of those" in the workshop.

I will take it slowly with the base board as, for warned is for armed.
Thanks again for your insight.
PeteM