question-circle Frage Rust looking color on aluminum T-slot

Mehr
03 Okt 2019 21:21 #57395 von coolarj10
Rust looking color on aluminum T-slot wurde erstellt von coolarj10
Aluminum issue:

Dear all, while using the milling bath, some water leaked. (My package did not include the necessary fittings to seal off the whole and connect a tube, so I temporarily tried using duct tape).

when I saw the leak and removed the milling bath, I noticed some of this rust looking material on my T-slot table. Does anyone know what that is and how to get it off? It looks completely burned into the surface.

Thank you!
Arjun

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
18 Jan 2020 18:35 #58048 von coolarj10
coolarj10 antwortete auf Rust looking color on aluminum T-slot
Found the answer to my own question: apparently if water and carbon fiber dust sit together on aluminum for too long (hours), because the carbon fiber is a conductive material, it can cause galvanic corrosion of the aluminum. It is a harmless thin layer of a brown looking color on the aluminum.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: MagIO2

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.