file Frage How to install the Stepcraft Vacuum table the easy way...

Mehr
05 Jul 2020 20:23 #59257 von hhv
Hi,

I bought the new vacuum table by Stepcraft for my D.840. Amazing device. Wow... However, I do not find it easy to install it onto the aluminium T-slot table. I am struggling to get the whole table firmly attached to the T-slot table. Sometimes one of the nuts slips through the T-slot and I simply screw it onto the underside of the vacuum table instead of onto the T-slot table. Sometimes one of the nuts drops from the bolt and I can then start over, unscrewing all the bolts, removing the table, screw in al the bolts etc. Things like that.

I try to do it like this: I screw on the nuts to the bolts that hold down the vacuum table, then I place the vacuum table on top of the T-slot. Then, it is a hit and miss trying to get all the nuts and bolts correctly fixed to the T-slot table. I won't be removing the vacuum table a lot, but still, after three attempts I get a little cranky ;-). Any tips on how to do this are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Huib.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
27 Aug 2020 13:57 #59447 von Barkingmadbuilds
hello, i am in the same situation and interested to know if you have come up with a solution? Cheers from Australia :-)

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
29 Aug 2020 16:18 - 29 Aug 2020 16:18 #59454 von MagIO2
Well ... the holes of the vacuum table won't move ;o) , so I would simply cut some spacers out of wood, which can be inserted from top. (As thick as the narrow part of the slot and as high as the whole slot.)
So, you simply insert a nut, the spacer, the next nut, the next spacer .... This means that the nuts are exactly where you need them.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Letzte Änderung: 29 Aug 2020 16:18 von MagIO2.