Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Pause and Start

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Pause and Start

12 Beiträge
6 Benutzer
0 Likes
7,225 Ansichten
(@cfranklin)
Themenstarter

Hello,

I was wondering of there was a way to pause a project mid stream and begin a few hours later

Veröffentlicht : 14/06/2017 8:55 am
Roy Rathner
(@derroy)
Reputable Member

Sure it is, but what kind of Software are you using?

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;

Veröffentlicht : 14/06/2017 12:46 pm
(@cfranklin)
Themenstarter

UCCNC

Thanks

Veröffentlicht : 14/06/2017 8:54 pm
(@cfranklin)
Themenstarter

UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 15/06/2017 7:47 pm
Doug
 Doug
(@doug)
Reputable Member

Yes, just press the Feed Hold button (on the right hand side above Cycle Stop) and turn off your spindle.

No problem.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), https://dsgb.net

Veröffentlicht : 16/06/2017 12:51 am
(@sfdeejay)
Estimable Member

I wondered what that button was for (ha-ha). Thanks a lot, Doug, can't wait to give it a try.

Veröffentlicht : 16/06/2017 1:36 am
(@cfranklin)
Themenstarter

How do you turn off your spindle. When I unplug it and then replug in it won't start again.

Thanks

Veröffentlicht : 16/06/2017 10:36 pm
Doug
 Doug
(@doug)
Reputable Member

How do you turn off your spindle. When I unplug it and then replug in it won't start again.

Thanks

I can tell you how to turn off my spindle but I suspect that you're asking how you turn off your spindle. 😉 You don't mention what type of spindle you have? Kress, Stepcraft HF?

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 16/06/2017 11:09 pm
(@cfranklin)
Themenstarter

Stepcraft 2 840

Thanks

Veröffentlicht : 17/06/2017 12:59 am
Doug
 Doug
(@doug)
Reputable Member

Stepcraft 2/840 is the machine, not the spindle.

Veröffentlicht : 20/06/2017 2:18 pm
(@mwinn)
Eminent Member

It seems you can do the same with the cycle stop and start buttons to. Least it's worked for me, just have to manually turn the spindle back on.

MWinn

Veröffentlicht : 13/07/2017 8:13 pm
(@roze)

I used a CNC mill at my school once, and it had a VERY nice pause feature that I'd like to get working in UCCNC.
Upon pressing pause, it automatically retracted to abs 0 on z axis (fully up) and stopped the spindle. And upon resuming, it remembered where it was when you hit pause, went to the XY coordinates first, then restored spindle state (usually on), then went down to its previous Z and resumed.

It was REALLY nice for re-tightening holders and mill bit and also for example to do a manual vacuum run when there was too much piled up chips.
It also allowed for some tweaking of conditions, like removing a "layer" when milling in a block of wooden boards.

Can this be done in UCCNC?

The way UCCNC does it now burns the wood around the mill-bit and its VERY easy to forget to manually start the spindle again.

//Kind regards.

Veröffentlicht : 15/06/2019 3:40 pm
Teilen: