Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
beech wood on Stepc...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

beech wood on Stepcraft D-Series

5 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,855 Ansichten
(@theminimalist)
Themenstarter

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and hope to find answers to my question before making my final choice.

I intend to buy a D-Series machine (600 ou 840) for professional purpose. I am running a small workshop business and need to find a CNC machine to help me save time on simple yet time consuming tasks.

There will be 3 separate uses:

• machining beech wood, basically cutting small tiles, engraving letters or logos
  • laser engraving on beech wood for branding
  • jig machining to create lathe or drill jigs
  • I understand I am not looking at professional machines, thus I think the D-Series are good enough to archive my goals.
    But I have concerns about the beech wood, know to be quite hard to machine. Likely less hard than aluminum but still hard enough to put the machine in trouble ? That is my main question.

Thanks

Veröffentlicht : 27/03/2019 12:19 pm
    A L
     A L
    (@tmk)
    Estimable Member

Plywood Beech milling is no problem

Grüsse Lutz

Veröffentlicht : 27/03/2019 2:15 pm
    (@bvs)
    Noble Member

Hello mr. Thanks ...

I performed this artefact of beech wood on a stepcraft 840 some time ago...

Bruno

Veröffentlicht : 27/03/2019 5:38 pm
    (@theminimalist)
    Themenstarter

Great answers guys.

I am not going to mill plywood but only plain beechwood blanks, strait from the tree (sort of).
    I will prepare my blanks to be flat and the right thickness before milling and engraving. I assume Bruno's job was not plywood, right ?

Veröffentlicht : 27/03/2019 5:55 pm
    (@bvs)
    Noble Member

Hello Minimalist
    I am not shure if stepcraft is right for Minimalists... Too many options lol

This is Plywood:

Veröffentlicht : 27/03/2019 9:02 pm
    Teilen: