Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Mold making

5 Beiträge
4 Benutzer
0 Likes
5,495 Ansichten
(@lajo1976)
Themenstarter

Hi, would it be possible to make molds for soft bait in new the Stepcraft 2 machine?
The molds would be in aluminium and the size is approx. 250x100x20 mm.

What kind of spindle do I need? Any other suggestion for equipment?

I attach a picture how the molds would be and the fininsh of the molds.

/Joakim

Veröffentlicht : 17/04/2015 12:09 pm
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member

I think that theoretically it's possible, it depends how deep you have to dig into the material with the milling tool. I mean... if the shape is rich of vertical "walls" then you will crash your thin tool (let's say a 2mm diameter milling bit). So you will need a more rigid milling tool (let's say 5 or 6mm diameter). But in this way you will loose the ability to produce fine details.

Honestly I'm not an expert of milling deeply into aluminum, so I hope that somebody with more knowledge could answer you.

Anyway I think that the software in this case has great importance. I mean... I think that you need a "smart" CAM software able to produce a step-by-step process. The first milling step should be executed with a big diameter tool, second step with a smaller one and so on. Refining details on the way.

I cannot imagine how much long all the operation could be long, minimum one day (24h) for sure. In any case you need a spindle with the highest torque possible. Maybe the Stepcraft 500watt it's enough, but I'm not sure of this.

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple

Veröffentlicht : 21/04/2015 9:55 pm
(@bvs)
Noble Member

Hi, would it be possible to make molds for soft bait in new the Stepcraft 2 machine?.

What kind of spindle do I need? Any other suggestion for equipment?

I attach a picture how the molds would be and the fininsh of the molds.

/Joakim

hello Joakim
for shure mold making is a very nice part of cnc machining.
But the 3d programming of a soft bait is a peace of work

i cant see any of your pics...

Veröffentlicht : 21/04/2015 10:56 pm
(@lajo1976)
Themenstarter

Veröffentlicht : 22/04/2015 12:54 am
Ruben Verschueren
(@mrruben)
Eminent Member

Now that is a cool project!

Veröffentlicht : 10/08/2019 12:38 am
Teilen: